Friday, June 20, 2008

New (Old) Toy!


I've been wanting a really old camera for quite some time now to put on display in my room/home office. I've been putting it off because it's not exactly something I "need" to spend money on. But then I was invited to a party this Saturday with a 1920s theme. Yay! An excuse!

Luckily, not far from my home is the quaint center of Old Towne Orange in the City of Orange. It's a historical area - well, about as "historical" as you can get in Orange County. The main point being there are tons of antique shops. I swear there must be a couple dozen antique shops within a 2-minute walk. I went down to one of these stores and found an Eastman Kodak No. 2-A Folding Autographic Brownie camera. This thing is in excellent condition and was a hell of a find. I'd bet I could still get shots with it if only the film size hadn't gone the way of the Dodo. The patent dates say "Jan 18, 1910. Jan 7, 1913." Two words: awe some.

Just wanted to share my excitement over this thing. Enjoy the pictures.





On a side note: If anyone knows how to acquire film for this type of camera (No. A-116), please let me know!

No comments: